Tuesday, July 29, 2014

List 2: Music!

Oh how I love music.  It's always in the background, I fully subscribe to the thought that music you love becomes the soundtrack of your life.  I can hear a song and it takes me back to a day, a moment. I can feel the day.  And I love that.

This was exponentially more difficult than my movies list.  This list could fill a book.  And choosing ten was impossible.  So I kept it to 30.  I know.  I initially had 50 but thought that no one would want to read that mess.

So here they are.  The top 30 songs of my life (again, in no specific order)...

“Please Forgive Me”
David Gray
“She”
Elvis Costello
“Lose Yourself”
Eminem
“Here With Me”
Dido

“Into the Mystic”
Van Morrison

“Tenerife Sea”
Ed Sheeran

“Learning How to Smile”
Everclear

“Save a Prayer”
Duran Duran

“Your Song”
Ellie Goulding

“Knock ‘Em Out”
Lily Allen

“The Boxer”
Mumford & Sons

“Ceremony”
New Order

“America”
Simon & Garfunkel

“Why?”
Annie Lennox

“Here Comes the Sun”
The Beatles

“War on Drugs”
BNL

“Goodnight Saigon”
Billy Joel

“Home”
Edward Sharpe

“I’ve Got this Friend”
The Civil Wars

“Just Like Heaven”
The Cure

“Young Americans”
David Bowie

“The Old Chair”
David Gray

“The Unforgettable Fire”
U2

“Personal Jesus”
Depeche Mode

“Story of My Life”
One Direction

“Learning to Fly”
Pink Floyd

“I Don’t Want to Live Without You”
Foreigner

“Please Don’t Tell Her”
Jason Mraz

“99 Problems”
JayZ

“LoveStoned”
Justin Timberlake

“American Honey”
Lady Antebellum

“Flightless Bird, American Mouth”
Iron & Wine

Yes.  The list is random and mixed and all over the place.  Guys, I could have made this list for hours.  You should see my notes.  There are seriously pages.  It took me forever to whittle it down to 30.  But there you go.  My top 30 songs of the moment.

Tomorrow?  TV Shows!!

No comments: