Wednesday, June 18, 2014

This is it! You made it! The last Europe post (of this trip, that is!)!

Ahhh, here it is, the last post.  You stuck it out and you made it.  I apologize if it's been torturous, but this blog is also my personal journal to a degree, so I wanted to make sure I documented things before I forgot them!  Thanks for sticking it out!

Here are some of the remaining snippets from my trip:
I drank beer that was black, but not bitter.  And I loved it.
 I ate soft preztels larger than the size of my head.
I took the time to appreciate the workmanship of the buildings around me.
I fell in love with the colors (this was a yarn store in Munich).




And the cafes (as if I hadn't mentioned that before)...
  
 I ate unfamiliar foods and delicious staples.
 I paid more for water in total than I do my car payment.
 I was able to experience the every day with Emma.  Seeing her after school, talking about her day.
I tried to read words with more letters than the alphabet.  Just kidding.  This word only has 20 letters (and it means 'sliced meat'...yummmmm)!
I spent A LOT of time coloring with Emma.  And I loved every minute of it.
I saw (but didn't buy) some interesting and confusing souvenirs (this one from Colmar, France).
 I stopped every few steps and just took it all in.
 I admired even the most simple of things.
And ate a lot.
And when it was all said and done, I had what was most likely the best vacation of my life.  I even forgot what day it was here and there!
Thanks for following along.  I hope you feel as though you were able to see the amazing things I was able to see.
xo

No comments: